Announcement 15 October 2008
New CHASS President and Board elected
The fifth CHASS Board was elected at the AGM held at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music on 13 October 2008.
The new President of CHASS is Professor Linda Rosenman, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Region) at Victoria University in Melbourne.
Members of the new Board are:
- Dr John Byron, Executive Director, the Australian Academy of the Humanities
- Professor Stuart Cunningham, Director, ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation, QUT
- Professor Meredith Edwards AM FASSA, Emeritus Professor, University of Canberra
- Professor Raelene Frances, Dean of Arts, Monash University
- Mr Stuart Hamilton, Chief Executive, Open Universities Australia
- Professor Ross Homel, Foundation Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Griffith University
- Professor Catharine Lumby, Director, Journalism and Media Research Centre, University of New South Wales
- Professor Margaret Seares AO, Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor, The University of Western Australia
- Dr Astrid Wootton, Director, Design Centre Tasmania
Ms Helen O'Neil, incoming Executive Director, CHASS, will be a non-voting ex officio member of the Board.
The new Board executive is yet to be confirmed.
Photographs and brief cv's of all Board Members are online.
Linda Rosenman warmly thanked retiring Board Members - Sharon Bell, Greg Craven, Catrina Vignando, Kim Walker and Sue Willis - at the AGM. She gave special mention to Stuart Cunningham, who retired from the position of President, where he has been active on behalf of CHASS for the past two years.
Linda said that CHASS was privileged to have a strong contingent of enormously competent people willing to serve on the Board, reflected in the large number of candidates in the Board election.
- For more information, please contact:
- Fenja Theden-Ringl
- Research and Policy Officer
- Council of the Humanties, Arts and Social Sciences
- Phone: +61 2 6201 2559
- policy [at] chass.org.au