Newsletter 25 for October 2007
In this issue:
- New Board elected at AGM
- New Executive
- Retiring Board Members
- President's and Auditor's Reports
- New Web Site for CHASS
- CHASS has moved!
1. New Board elected at AGM
The fourth CHASS Board was elected at the AGM held at University House at the University of Melbourne on Tuesday 2 October. Members of the new Board are:
- Professor Sharon Bell, DVC, University of Canberra
- Dr John Byron, Executive Director, the Australian Academy of the Humanities
- Professor Greg Craven, VC, Australian Catholic University (from 2008)
- Professor Stuart Cunningham, Director, ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation, QUT
- Mr Stuart Hamilton, Chief Executive, Open Universities Australia
- Professor Ross Homel, Griffith University
- Ms Helen O'Neil, Executive Director, Australian Major Performing Arts Group
- Ms Catrina Vignando, General Manager, Craft Australia
- Professor Kim Walker, Dean, Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Professor Sue Willis, Dean of Education, Monash University
Mr Toss Gascoigne, Executive Director, CHASS, is a non-voting ex officio Member of the Board. Photographs and brief cv's of all Board Members have been posted on the CHASS web site.
2. New Executive
The new Board elected its executive members at a brief meeting following the AGM. Joining President Stuart Cunningham on the Executive are:
- Helen O'Neil (Vice-president)
- Stuart Hamilton (Secretary)
- Catrina Vignando (Treasurer)
3. Retiring Board Members
Stuart Cunningham warmly thanked retiring Board Members at the AGM. He gave special mention to Linda Rosenman and Julie Dyson, who served on the Board and the Executive as Vice-President and Treasurer from the start. They have been with CHASS for three years, from the inaugural general meeting in 2004.
He also thanked Elizabeth More and Sue Richardson, both retiring after terms on the Board. Stuart Cunningham said that CHASS was blessed by having a strong contingent of enormously competent people willing to serve on the Board.
4. President's and Auditor's Reports
At the AGM, Stuart Cunningham gave a verbal summary of the highlights of the year as they were set out in his comprehensive written report to the AGM. This report has been posted on our web site, along with the auditor's report and the minutes of the AGM.
5. New Web Site for CHASS
The website has been re-designed, with a number of new features for our Member Organisations.
Information is more easily accessible and the site now features a search facility.
Member Organisations can now log in to update their contact details. For the benefit of Members the Username is the key contact's email address.
A new and exciting feature enables our Member Organisations to post information about their upcoming conferences and events. This is another benefit of membership, along with reduced registration rates for CHASS events.
6. CHASS has moved!Our splendid new premises are at the University of Canberra, in Building 11. See the CHASS web site for the campus map. We have a new phone number (02 6201 2740), but the email addresses are unchanged. Our new fax number is 02 6201 2132. All our staff are listed on the web site, with their phone numbers, photos and email addresses. We will be having an office warming party later this month, with all Members and friends invited to join us for a celebratory drink and nibble. More details soon.
- For more information, please contact:
- Toss Gascoigne
- Executive Director
- Council of the Humanties, Arts and Social Sciences
- Phone: +61 2 6249 1995